Mitacs Conference Services launched
New service dedicated to producing events for Canada’s academic community
Vancouver, B.C. – With over thirteen years of experience of academic event planning experience, Mitacs is offering expanded services to Canada’s research community.
Mitacs Conference Services (MCS) provides advanced event support to enable the academic community to bring their unique and inspiring conferences to light.
“MCS understands the special requirements of an academic conference,” said Paul Zuurbier, Director of Mitacs Conference Services. “Our team is dedicated to working with conference chairs to deliver an outstanding experience for local and international delegates.”
Already, MCS has produced conferences of varying sizes, from the International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM 2011), hosting over 3,000 delegates and scheduling more than 2,000 presentations to the Information Systems for Crises Response and Management Conference (ISCRAM 2012) which welcomed 220 attendees.
“We have used Mitacs Conference Services every year since 2009 to organize our annual conference,” said Tamara Klein, Communications Manager for BCNET. “They help us reduce our conference costs, streamline logistics and organize an effective and well-run event. Their team integrates well with ours, and they go the extra mile in helping us deliver an outstanding IT conference for higher education and research. We will continue to work with Mitacs on future conferences.”
MCS offers the following services:
- Conference Planning & Management: Catering and audio-visual requirements, budget management, programs, pre- and post-event activities, website design and management, on-site staffing and volunteer recruitment and training, post-event reporting
- Registration: Secure, on-line registration with reporting capabilities as well as letters of invitation for international delegates
- Venue and Hotel Negotiation: Leveraging relationships with hotel and other venues to negotiate the best rates and concessions, booking of room blocks for delegates
- Scientific Management: Abstract submission and review management, speak management, coordination of poster sessions and speaker travel
- Exhibitor and Sponsor Management: Exhibitor management, coordination of sponsors and tradeshows
Director, Mitacs Conference Services