Mitacs Conference Services has custom designed its conference planning process to organize academic and research conferences at a reasonable rate. Whether producing a conference in British Columbia, Newfoundland or anywhere in between, MCS provides the following services:
Conference Planning & Management
Drawing from years of experience, MCS will create a comprehensive event plan and budget to ensure the success of all stakeholders of your conference. We can look after:
- Budget management
- Catering and audio-visual requirements
- Webcasting and video production
- Guest programs, pre- and post-event activities
- Website design and management
- On-site staffing and volunteer recruitment, training and management
- Post-event reporting
Our online registrations are processed through a secure gateway in real time, providing your delegates with receipts, and organizers up-to-date reporting. Reports can be configured to provide details on delegate composition and measure marketing effectiveness.
- Create and set up a the registration system which meets event requirements
- Issue Letters of Invitation and provide documentation for international delegates
- Provide real-time reports
Venue and Hotel Negotiation
MCS will leverage our relationships with hotels and other venues to select and negotiate the very best rates and concessions. We effectively manage room blocks to avoid attrition penalties.
- Site selection
- Contract negotiations
- Room block management
MCS will work closely with the organizers and scientific committees to ensure the processes are in place to allow the committees to focus on creating a compelling and dynamic scientific program.
- Abstract Submission and Review Management
- Speaker Management
- Poster Session Coordination
- Speaker Travel Coordination
Exhibitor and Sponsor Management
Important components of some conferences are opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors to be involved. This represents a revenue stream, and offers important interaction with the delegates. MCS can create custom sponsorship packages, and work with coordinating the exhibitors.
- Exhibitor Management (Canada Customs access, materials handling and storage),
- Sponsorship Coordination
- Tradeshow Management