Mitacs Step: Foundations of Project Management II - Saskatoon (Sept 26-27, 2012)
When: Wednesday, September 26 and Thursday, September 27
Time: Sept 26: 8:30am - 4:30pm (Registration 8:00am SHARP)
Sept 27: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Where: University of Saskatchewan / Murray Building
PLEASE NOTE: Foundations of Project Management I is a pre-requisite for this workshop.
As participants in Foundations of Project Management I: A team-based approach, we are inviting you to continue to build on your skills for success and join the Mitacs Step Program for this two-day interactive workshop, Foundations of Project Management II.
As part of Mitacs Step Program, this workshop was developed to provide opportunities for students to build on skill sets necessary to succeed in both the academia and industry setting.
Workshop Agenda: Day 1
- Introductions and discussion of success from session I
- Preparing a project overview statement
- Estimating and budgeting
- Resource scheduling
- Crisis management
- Implementing the plan
- Creating the ideal project culture for creativity, innovation, and productivity
Workshop Agenda: Day 2
- Giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Situational Leadership
- Personal Planning
- Learning, review, action planning and project closure