Mitacs Step: Art, Science, and Practice of Positive Networking - Saskatoon (Sept 28, 2012)
When: Friday, September 28th
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm (Registration 8:30am SHARP)
Where: University of Saskatchewan / Murray Building
You’ve all heard the saying “you are only as good as your network”, but have you ever wondered how to get one?
Join Mitacs Step to experience firsthand the power of positive networking. From academia to industry to your personal life, these skills will help you succeed!
Following the morning workshop, you will have the opportunity to put your newfound networking skills to the test at the luncheon. This will be followed by a post-luncheon debrief with the facilitators.
- Skills of connecting within an organization
- Skills of connecting outside an organization through workshops, keynotes and practical application:
- Effective Introductions
- Conversation Skills
- Participants encouraged to works on strategies to build relationships with present network as well as cross-network between disciplines.
- Confidence, social intelligence skills.
- Learn to build extensive, long-lasting connections;
- Fuelling and maximizing existing connections.
- Hands-on networking opportunity supported by one-hour debrief of lessons learned and suggestions.
- Understanding individual role as a brand ambassador
- Making networking a priority, where to locate relevant networking opportunities and events beyond ‘business only events’.
- Dealing with networking roadblocks - getting comfortable handing out business cards.