Mitacs Step: Team Building Excellence - Toronto (Aug 1, 2012)
When: Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm (Registration 8:00am SHARP)
Where: Ryerson University
Room: Podium 250, 350 Victoria Street
More than ever, in today’s world, organizational success depends on people working together - effectively. The pressure to communicate productively, quickly turn ideas into profitable action and consistently deliver results never decreases. People working from a clear understanding of personal strengths and an appreciation of the differences in others will be the foundation of success in the future.
This workshop is a fun, interactive, and productive way to not only focus a team on a common goal, but also inspire the very skills needed to be a part of a successful team. For some reason, most of us tend to think we work in isolation. In this high-energy experience, teams compete for points and prizes (optional). This challenge combines the aspects of risk versus reward forcing teams to make decisions that affect their ability to produce results with ease. This experience increases our awareness to the downstream impact of our communication and decisions, and the way those decisions get amplified by the structure of the organization. Get ready to test the strength of our lines of communication and teamwork.
- Adapt work styles and team approach to suit the task.
- Understanding the Importance of Creativity.
- Mastering The Art Of Communication When In A Crisis
- Learn The Essential Three-Step Model To Building A New Team - Quickly.
- Take responsibility then engage in generating solutions and ideas.
- Cause others to be creative when generating ideas and actions.
- Share leadership, ideas and approaches to achieve the result in the most efficient manner.