Mitacs Step: Practice Your Presentation Skills I - Edmonton (Mar 23, 2012)
When: Friday March 23rd, 2012
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm (Registration 8:00am SHARP)
Where: University of Alberta / Triffo Hall
Room: Room 1-16
The simple truth is that people who present well in front of groups are far more likely to succeed at captivating, persuading and inspiring others, and are generally perceived as better leaders. In summary, one’s ability to present will help determine their success in business.
In this one-day workshop, theory is introduced in short bursts, and participants spend the majority of time practicing their presentation skills and receiving onsite feedback.
The focus on extensive practice and feedback is what makes the program meaningful, and is what makes the learning stick.
- Results Participants Can Expect
- Greater ability to persuade and motivate others
- Engage others through genuine authenticity
- Overcoming fear
- Be perceived as a stronger leader overall
- Key focus areas
- Engaging the audience
- Structuring presentations
- Making points persuasively
- How to (and how not to) use slides and other visual aids
- Managing fear
- Presentation logistics